Friday, October 7, 2011

scratched stones and sprinkler rainbows....

well hello there,
back from my trip on the m.i.a train, as per usual, but things have been a little crazy around here lately. School and Able Church started up all at once, and my head is spinning a little bit with all there is to do :P But God is good <3 I have been feeling a little dry lately though to be honest, like all of the responsibility that I have on my plate has sucked up much of my energy. But I am thankful for a Heavenly Father who pursues me, and am becoming more aware of the necessity of slowing down, even if just to notice the small blessings and beauty He is longing for me to recognize.
Now, in all likelihood, these blessings that I am sharing, won't be that miraculous. They may even seem a bit silly. But I find the need to cherish these small God moments in seasons where I'm feeling a bit dry like I said, an maybe they will encourage you to look a little closer outside your window today....

The first happened when I was biking back to my house after babysitting two of the cutest little guys in the world :)I was a bit tired and honestly, just wanted to get home. All of a sudden, the sun reflected off of something on the road in front of me, shining a small light up at me. I passed it by not giving it too much thought, until a similar object caught my attention a little further up the road. I slowed down and realized it was a stone...the kind that you would put in the bottom of a goldfish bowl, or decorate the bottom of a vase of flowers. And I stopped, I turned around and, walking my bike I traced my steps hoping to find the small treasures. And I found 4. Three clear and one blue. They were a little bit rougher I'm sure then when they were first made, many scratches on their surface, some chips here and there. But when the sun shone down on them, boy did they shine....



The second happened as I was taking a walk around my neighborhood. I was heading towards the bus to go to school, and I noticed that the house around the corner had 3 sprinklers on in their front yard. My first thought was, "are you for real? It's way too cold to have your sprinklers on!" But, as I got closer, my perspective changed. For the sun was at just the right position in the sky that when it hit the water, it made the most beautiful rainbow...and I smiled...because something that had only moments ago caused my to question and judge, was now something beautiful...



My prayer for you today is that you might find beauty and wonder in unexpected places, that you would feel the warmth of the sun, and that you would never forget how much you are loved.

Lots of Love
God Bless
Meaghan :)

1 comment: