Saturday, May 26, 2012

Well hello there :) As usual, it's been awhile but you should be used to that by now ;) I have had a sunshine filled day so far, the Rankin Cancer Run was today! I started running 3 years ago and I look forward to it every year. I run for a lot of reasons. It's obviously good exercise, I run for many friends and family members who have battled cancer and who are still fighting, I run because I enjoy it. But today I realised maybe the most important reason that I run; community. There is something about a common cause, a shared hope, a unified fight, that brings people together. The Rankin Run in my hometown is held at a local park, and by the time 10:00 rolls around, the soccer field is a sea of white orage and green shirts. Everyone is smiling, running, walking towards the same goal, cheering each other on, total strangers become family if only for a morning. We all share something in common; I have become a part of their journey and they, a part of mine. It fills me with joy :) And as we leave the park there is a tug on my heart; I don't want it to end! This is my family, my community, it's what I long for. It's what I will always long for because it's I'm wired for. I'll be honest, I've been a bit lacking in community lately. People and seasons change, move on to different parts of life, new chapters of their story, and new chapters of mine. It reminds me how important it is to be connected, how precious my friends are, those who come and walk along side me through the good and the bad. I love the feeling of being in community, of belonging, of being a part of something that's bigger than me, of being loved. So, have I rambled on again? Probably :) But I think that's alright. I've gotten to tell you a little bit of my story, a little bit of my heart and maybe entered into community with you? Perhaps :) <3 God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment