Monday, August 31, 2009

Just thinkin'.....


So, I haven't been at this for a while, but I did warn you of that in the first post :) I figured it was about time that I checked in though. So, life is continuing on, as it always seems to do despite my best efforts to make it come to a standstill some times. School is fast approaching and while I am leary of the many essays that will innevitably be in my future, I am actually looking forward to being one year closer to reaching my goal. I have to watch it this year though. Ask my family or pretty much anyone who knew me during fall and winter semesters, and they will tell you I put way too much stock in my studies last year. It took a few good friends to slapping me upside the head and reminding me that there were things that were more important in life. It hurt, but it worked. Anyways, I've got a few other things on my plate coming up as well. Besides more school stuff, registration and what not, I have a placement that I am currently trying to fill. For my second year CHYS course this year, I am required to spend three hours once a week, working with children in some setting; this absolutely thrills me :) Finally, something about school that, while it is manditory for the course, I can do whole heartedly. So, hopefully I will be able to post good news about that soon :)

On non school related news, I have begun to run again. I told myself that I was going to run everyday this summer when the summer began and, in my typical fashion, fell short of this. I then began running again while on vacation with my family and even got the chance to run on the beach in the mornings, which was amazing. I have a seperate post about that which I will put up later that I actually wrote while I was on the trip. All that to say, one of the purchases while were away, wound up being a new pair of running shoes, which I have been putting to good use. I have also finally found someone to run with, which is more helpful than I thought it would be. I find that no matter which one of us sets the pace, I want us both to finish our run at the same time, so I will keep going, past the point where I would have stopped if I was on my own. I'm not sure how long it will last, but for the moment I'm excited about it.

Well, that's about it for today. I still don't even know if anyone reads this but it's still proving to be a great outlet for me. Bye for now :)

God Bless

Meaghan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment