Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tenth Avenue North

Hey there :) I'm hiding out in the computer room at the moment from the abundance of family that has arrived at my grandpa's house :P I love my family so much, but man some of them can be loud sometimes :) While I am hiding out I am also listening to Tenth Avenue North, a new group that I found today. We made our annual trip to LifeWay, the Christian bookstore down here and I almost picked up a copy of their CD; but I decided to youtube them first. I fell in love with a couple of their songs but the one that's stuck in my mind is called Beloved. It's written as a love song from God to us, but so many of the lyrics just hit home for me. Thinking about God as my lover is a new concept for me, one I only really began pondering a couple months ago. I was reading a book called the irresistible revolution (read it, it'll change you), and the author, Shane Claiborne was talking about his love life, so to speak, and the reasoning behind his life of celibacy. He shared about falling in love with Christ, and the journey being like one we would typically experience. As the you come to know more of your partener, you become closer to them and, hopefully, fall deeper and more completely in love with them. This is how he described his relationship with Christ, and it gave me perspective that I desperately needed at the time. Now I'll be honest, while a life of celibacy is something that would be amazing, I don't think I could do it. But, I do have to be careful not to fulfill my desire to be loved with people and things of this world. They will let me down, break me, but the love of my Saviour is eternal and unconditional, something that it is, frankly, unfair of me to expect of any future relationship that I may have :P So, that brings me to the links you will find below, both my Tenth Avenue North. The first, as I mentioned before is called Beloved, and is a love letter from God to us. The second is called beside me, and it talks more generally about our relationship with Christ, how we tend to search everywhere else, try everyother path before we come back to Him, the only one who will satisfy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CUGTIWCFyo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J95rAr0gOFU&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment